Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Some days, life just gets in the way

My training has been a bit stalled the past two weeks, and I struggle with that ... On the one hand, I feel bad that I'm not getting in as much walking as I should be, but on the other hand, there are just some things that take precedence. On the third hand.... oh wait, I only have two hands. That's probably the problem.

It reminds me of the story often told, about "filling your jar with rocks."  You know how it goes ... if you don't figure out a way to fill the jar with the big rocks first (the high priority stuff) and then the little pebbles, you'll never fit it all in.

And this past week, it's been about the big rocks. I had some  health issues that precluded me from doing a lot of walking last weekend, and this week we're completely occupied with other activities ... namely the kids' dance recital (including dress rehearsal and two recitals) and our final Tigers game concession gig on Saturday. (When I looked at the schedule, it's insane ... dance class on Tuesday, dress rehearsal Wednesday, recital on Thursday, work function on Friday, dance recital on Saturday morning, then Tigers game Saturday afternoon. Ugh, I'm tired just writing it.)

So, training has taken a back seat this past week. This week, other life factors are my "big rocks." They're filling my jar completely. And I'm OK with that. 'Cuz they're really darn cute, and I love them a ton.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer!! This is my first time going to this web page of yours.. pretty cool. When is your big event.. I only read this page so far... YOU GO girl !! Loved todays story. Kristy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy! The walk is Aug. 12, 13 and 14 ... just over 9 weeks away...

    ReplyDelete