Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Excited about ... socks?

Yup. I'm excited about socks. And shoes. And shorts, tanks, bras ... the list goes on.

With only 11 weeks (!!!) until the Michigan edition of the 3-Day for the Cure, it's time to seriously start thinking about (and purchasing) what I'm going to wear for the walk. I've heard from plenty of veteran walkers that you have to train in what you're going to wear. Or be ready to face the consequences.

Since I don't tend to like consequences all that much, and I never really need an excuse to shop, it's "game on!" Best part: Stuff's on sale!

Today, I bought my socks ... Thorlos. They were "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" so it was a great deal.

Two weeks ago, I got a new pair of shoes, which I'll wear for the majority of the walk. The pair I have now are running a bit thin, so I'll get a second pair of "walk" shoes in June. And thanks to the wonderful folks at Hanson's Running Shop, I saved 20% because I'm a 3-Day Walker (normally it's 10%, but they're offering an extra 10% one day a month), AND I got another punch on my frequent buyer card, giving me a $25 gift card toward my next purchase.

Finally, this past weekend, I picked up some shorts and *ahem* undergarments at REI. (No, I'm not posting a photo of the second item.) Both were on sale, and the timing was great, since it's hotter than hades around here right now.

There's still a small list of stuff to get / find ... another pair of shoes, some tank tops, an air mattress.... but fortunately, there's 11 weeks to go. But it'll be here before we know it.

Meanwhile, it's all training, all the time. We did a 12-mile walk up north last weekend, with a 13-mile and 7-mile walk coming up this weekend (and a 4-mile today and 5-mile on Thursday).  Lots of miles ....

No comments:

Post a Comment