Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9 weeks and counting ...

When I registered for the 2011 Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure, I had 51 weeks to prepare. With fewer than 9 weeks to go before the event kicks off, I'm a bit bipolar about it ... I'm really excited about our fundraising progress, but there's also a little bit of anxiety setting in... walking 20 miles a day for 3 days doesn't seem any more likely 15 weeks into my training regimen!

So to stave off panic, I'll focus on the positive:
  • We're officially done with our fundraising events for this year! Saturday night we worked our last Tigers concession stand, and had a blast. The weather turned out great, and I had a lot of fun. Thanks to the hard work of our "Tigers Team," we had a high sales night. Early tabulations on our part show we should make close to $800!
  • The event information has been posted! I'm excited to see the event info officially posted online. We'll be kicking off the walk at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi (formerly known as the "Rock Financial Showplace), camping at Rotary Park in Livonia, and celebrating during Closing Ceremonies at Ford Headquarters in Dearborn. 
So save the dates ... you're invited to a cheering station on Friday, Saturday or Sunday (Aug. 12, 13 & 14), and you're welcome to come to the Closing Ceremonies to celebrate with us. More details on that to come!

Finally, with the event info posted, they've also shared a fun way you can show your support to Stef and I during the walk: Send us a note of encouragement! There's a "post office" at camp, where we can retrieve mail. (They specifically say "no packages," so I'm guessing the fifth of Captains is out...) If you send something postmarked by Aug. 3, we'll have it at the walk. You can send mail to:

3-Day for the Cure PO
ATTN: Jennifer Carbary (or Stefanie Smith)
P.O. Box 611
South Lyon, MI 48178

And with that, I'm feeling pretty good. We're back walking this week, and I'm back at the gym (working on cardio ... walking's hard when it's hot!). The kids are out of school on Thursday so we're heading up to the lake for a long weekend, which will include some long walks... 60 miles in 3 days? I'll get there ....

No comments:

Post a Comment