Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Counting, counting, counting: 380 right now!

For someone who really stinks at math (I still count on my fingers), I've been pretty obsessed with counting lately:

1) Seven weeks
That's how many weeks we have left until the walk. Seven weeks from tonight, I will be sitting in a hotel room, getting myself psyched up to walk 20 miles a day for 3 days. (Actually, since it's 10 p.m., I'm really hoping that I'll be comfortably snoozing away, dreaming about all the wonderful things we're going to see and do over the next three days!)

2) 41 miles
That's how many miles I'm supposed to get in for my training next week. And did I mention we're on vacation, up north? Not sure that 41 is going to be the magic number, but I did pack an extra bag with just walk stuff, and we're planning to spend some time getting in some good mileage.

3) 380 dollars.
That's how much I have left in my personal fundraising goal. That's it! I have raised $1,920 of the $2,300 minimum required to walk. And I've done it in personal donations. I'm so incredibly thankful to the 32 friends and family who have made a direct, personal donation in support of my efforts to walk with Stef this year.

So here's my question: Are you one of them? Could you be one of them? I only have seven weeks left to raise $380. This time, it's for me. Stef and I have been kicking butt in our team fundraising. I'm not worried about not being able to walk... we'll both meet our minimum and then some. But right now, for the first time, I'm realizing that I could do this. I can raise $2,300 in personal donations, because the people I call my friends are kind, generous, supporting, loving people. And for that, I'm eternally grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great with all of your planning and training. I remember well from last year how much work all of it was. Stef was a great teammate, so you've got that going for you. BTW, is there a way to get emailed automatically whenever you post something new? I'm already a 'follower'. I have that option on my blog site, but can't find it on yours.
    Good luck with the rest of your journey.
    Jennifer Meyers
    Team Kepumflop'n 2010
    5 year survivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! Stef has been awesome to train with, that's for sure! As for getting email alerts, it looks like Blogger doesn't do it. Not sure why not, but people don't seem happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the functionality is there now ... if you want to be notified, send me your email address and I'll add you ... j_carbary @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete