Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yay, yay, yay!

Excitement abounds today .... we're getting confirmations on the Euchre party (if you're interested in playing, holler!) and it looks like it'll be a good crowd; Keith's off work next week (minor procedure, he's recovering well), so I get to go to the gym all week; and I got my first set of e-mails from the "virtual trainer" service from the Komen folks:

  • Euchre party: We're hoping for a group of at least 32 to play Euchre on Saturday, March 5. If you're interested, let me or Stef know. Payment ($20 per person) is due by Wednesday so we know how many to prepare for. We have a great, random collection of people planning to come ... some camping friends, work pals, drinking buddies (aren't they all?) and more. The best part? A low-key evening of friends, cards and laughter will raise close to $500 for the 3-Day for the Cure!
  • Training begins! Monday is the official launch of the 24-week training program for the 3-Day! And you'll be hearing more about that in the coming week, with probably a dozen more exclamation points to come...  I'm so excited for this mark -- for me, it signals the official beginning. I've been working out consistently for the past eight weeks (five or six days a week), with some walking, some cardio, some strength training. Now it's time to really focus on the walking -- over the course of 24 weeks, I'll get in 585 miles of walking. And that's just to prepare me for walking 20 miles a day for three days. In the middle of August (the hottest time of the year!).
  • Gym time! Keith's off for the next 10 days, and the most exciting part of that is that I get to go to the gym in the mornings. I never thought I'd say that. Ever. (And those of you who know me well, it's probably a shock!). I am amazed at how much I like the gym... it has been fun, energizing, and a great chance to spend some time with Stef. (And Kyer, who has started joining us, making it a lot of fun!)
So ... with a smidge more than 24 weeks until the walk, I'm excited! (Hence the overuse of exclamation points!!) Thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment