Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

And we're off!

Today marks the official start of the 24-week training program for the 3-Day for the Cure! Since Monday is technically the "day of rest" each week, today was a great day to sit down, plot out a strategy for accomplishing my training over the next six months, and write out a plan for this week.

This week is pretty mild ... a total of 12 miles for the week, with a recommended 3-mile walk on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Fortunately that's not a stretch at this point -- I'll be at the gym all four of those days and can get in the 3-mile walk in 50 to 55 minutes, still giving me 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. I'll still get in some strength training (Wednesday and Friday), rounding out a full week of activity.

Another tool I found to keep me on track is DailyMile ... it's a great way to log my workouts and track my overall mileage and activity. (You can see a link to my workouts on the right side of my blog.) In addition to logging workouts and mileage, I can also "friend" others who are training for the walk ... if you're doing the 3-Day and are using DailyMile, hit me up! (Today, I also figured out that I can start a "challenge," which I think will allow me to start tracking my miles from now until August and keep a tally with friends who join.)

When all is said and done, I'll have logged 585 training miles between today and August 12... So, ready or not, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment