Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting energized at "Getting Started" meeting

Stef and I attended a Susan G Komen "Getting Started" meeting today ... from the stories we heard (like the 21-year-old survivor who was told not to worry about a lump since she didn't have a family history of breast cancer, only to find out 6 months later she had stage 4 breast cancer*), to the photos we saw from walks across the country, to the women we met who are walking this year, the meeting was motivating, inspirational and uplifting.

I'm excited -- To spend three days with my sister and all the women I'm meeting along the way. To see how much money I can raise in support of breast cancer research/education/outreach. To challenge myself to walk 20 miles a day for three days straight. To raise awareness of the importance of never giving up.

*Editors note: If you are a woman, you are at risk. Do not ignore a lump. Do not let someone tell you you're not at risk. Get a second opinion. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment