Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

So many surprises

So often, I watch the news and get caught up in the "society's going to hell" drama. Participating in the 3-Day experience brings me a new perspective, which I'm grateful to have. I've seen so much "good," in such a brief period of time:

  • friends that I hadn't expected to donate, made a donation, either to support me, or because they have been touched in some way by breast cancer
  • friends have shared stories that inspire me to be a better person, like the friend whose sister is fighting breast cancer every day 
  • and friends have offered support in whatever way they can.
Case in point: We have a new logo!! Stef and I are walking as a team, which means, of course, we need to have a graphic identity. I know just enough Photoshop to be a menace to society, so I reached out to a friend who is a fabulous illustrator and graphic designer. 

Dave Harvey  took a sketchy written description of what we were looking for, and ..... (drumroll please)...... ta da!

Thanks Dave, for donating your time and talent to help us out! Adding the graphic to solicitation letters lends an air of credibility to our request. It's also exactly what we wanted, even though we didn't know what we wanted.

So, think about it ... what can you do to make a difference?  I'm walking 60 miles over 3 days. I'm raising $2,300 to help fund research, education and outreach programs to help prevent, treat or survive breast cancer. What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment