Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Confessions of a gym-a-phobe

I stepped into a gym today. No, the roof didn't come crashing down. And no one pointed and laughed. (They may have snickered a little when I tried to figure out that dang elliptical thingy, but at least there was no pointing.)

And I actually enjoyed it. Despite the fact that Stef picked me up at 5:15 a.m. (egads!), I enjoyed the morning. I did a 30-minute circuit, then spent 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and 15 minutes on the elliptical machine (now *that* was a nightmare -- I started out going in reverse, and couldn't figure out why it was so dang hard).

As I mentioned the other day, I'm "in training" to be in training. Sad but true. It means that when my work schedule permits, my goal is to go to the gym three days a week.

Fortunately, I have great motivation for working out now, and a really good inspiration in Stef -- she'll send Alyssa over at night to stay with the kids when Keith's working (bless her heart) and come pick me up at 5:15 a.m. (egads ... did I mention I'm not much of a morning person?). And when I go backwards on the elliptical, she won't laugh.

Thank heaven for sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment