Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feels like I'm cheating...

It does. I feel like I'm cheating on my treadmill.

I used the treadmill at the gym the other day. I hadn't used it yet, since I have one at home. I figured if I'm going to the gym (I know, a shock), I might as well use equipment that isn't easily accessible to me at home.

But on Monday, I had about 10 minutes left in the workout session, so I decided to hop on the treadmill and get in a quick half mile or so. It was like the heavens opened up and the sun shone through. Who would have ever thought I could enjoy walking on a treadmill so much!

I don't know what it was about that treadmill, but it was glorious. Smooth. Firm. Silent. It was lovely.

And that's where the guilt set in. I have a treadmill at home. A nice Weslo. It's an older model (I bought it after Emma was born!), and it has a few "issues," but overall it's a solid treadmill.

So I feel like my love for the new treadmill is at the expense of my trusty companion. I can't wait to go to the gym on Wednesday morning, to use the new treadmill. I haven't used my treadmill since this experience. I'm nervous. Afraid I won't love it as much. Will it miss me? 

Fortunately, there's a recumbent bike sitting right next to it, so it won't be lonely.

1 comment: