Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

This is it ...

It's sort of like Christmas ... it's here, it's finally here! After months of fundraising and months of training, it's finally here!

My grand total, going in to "3-Day Eve" is $2,615. I got a surprise donation last night from a colleague at work, who saw I was walking and had been affected by breast cancer in his family. That unexpected donation amplified my experience this week -- I asked on Facebook for names of people I could walk for -- the fighters, the survivors, those remembered.  I was completely unprepared for the response.

I don't know which it was, the number of people who had someone to add to the list, or the people who asked for someone to be added when I had no idea they were personally impacted. It underscored how pervasive breast cancer is, and really was a stark reminder of why I walk. I shed more than a few tears that night, and I'm sure it's just the beginning.

At the same time though, there are so many happy moments in this walk experience. I'm really excited to walk with new friends we've met this past year, and excited to meet folks I've only chatted with through Twitter or Facebook. The weather looks like it's going to be OK (I'm hedging there, only because I don't want to jinx anything!!), the route is going to be interesting, and the company is going to be spectacular.

So come along with me on this amazing 3-Day journey: Follow along on Facebook, watch us on Twitter (#the3day), or stop along the route to honk and cheer on a walker. It's an incredible experience, and we hope to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment