Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

10 days and counting!

Just 10 days until the Michigan 2012 3-Day for the Cure. That's not enough time to panic that I haven't trained enough (I have) and too much time to panic that I'll forget to pack something (I'll live). It's also the point in time that I start my obsessive check-the-10-day-forecast-every-10-minutes behavior. Like I can control the weather. Or my obsessive nature.

Having "watched" the Boston and Cleveland 3-Day events through Facebook and Twitter (follow #the3day -- it's quite active during a walk!), I am really getting excited about everything that is to come (in just 10 days). And there are a number of ways you can participate with us:

  • Come to a cheering station! The rough estimation of our route is posted and cheering stations are listed for all three days. There's nothing like the experience of a cheering station -- the walkers love it, the cheerers (is that a word?) love it, the community loves it. You don't need to bring anything, other than a smiling face. (Well, you might want to bring some water for yourself, but that's up to you!) Even if we don't see you, or you can only stop by for a little while, it's huge. Cheer for each walker as if it was one of us! (Quick side story: Last year, a friend wanted to bring her daughters to a cheering station, but it wasn't going to be a time that Stef and I would see her. I was bummed we would miss her and the girls, but felt such pride that someone cared enough to go out and cheer on someone else.)
  • Look for us along the route! A very sketchy route is posted online, and it'll give you an idea of where we'll be through the three days. If you see some folks in pink along your daily travels, honk wildly and cheer out your window! 
  • Follow along and be a virtual "walker stalker" -- On Twitter, walkers and supporters are quite active using the hashtag #the3day. You can also follow @the3day - they post quite a bit from the event. (I'm @jencarbary)  On Facebook, we'll post photos and commentary when we can -- enjoy!
 OK. Off to check the weather. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment