Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I did it!

That's right ... it's official. I hit my personal goal for the 2011 Michigan Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure!

As I've mentioned in the past, my goal was to raise $2,300 in personal donations. It happened today, thanks to three incredibly different donations, each so special in their own way:
  1. Last night, I emailed my sister-in-law Cindy to ask her what her sister's name is... she is a breast cancer survivor, and I want to be sure to honor her and write her name on a tag for the survivor flag at camp. This morning, I received a very generous donation from Cindy's brother-in-law John. Amazingly unexpected and delightful.
  2. This afternoon, I got a donation from my "virtual BFF" Karin, who lives in California. Karin and I have been pals for 7+ years, but have never met. She, another friend (Bonnie) and I met on an online bulletin board when we were expecting our youngest... we became friends, and have kept in touch through the years. Thanks to Facebook, we "reunited" a few years ago and I just love these two gals, and am constantly amazed at the power of the Internet.
  3. When I put out a call on Facebook, saying I just needed $10 to hit my goal, my sister Stef hopped online and made a donation. After miles of training and hours of fundraising, I just can't even say thank you enough to her.
So there you have it. I hit my goal. That doesn't get you off the hook though... if you want to make a donation, make it to my teammate/best friend/sister: http://the3day.org/goto/stefaniesmith.  Every dollar matters.

Thank you to every single donor... you each have a special place in my heart right now, and it's bursting with love and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment