Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

And we're outta here...

This is it ... our bags are packed (<35 pounds!). Our gear is loaded. And our training is done.

Tonight, we're checking in to a hotel near the opening ceremony in the hopes of getting a decent night's sleep and reducing travel time, since we have to be at opening ceremonies between 5 and 6 a.m.

Our plan is to check in, then head to a movie (The Help!) and grab dinner. Then relax a little, get to bed early, and get ready to go!!

This has been an amazing journey so far, and I haven't even walked yet. I can only imagine what the next three days (and 60 miles) will bring. The energy, the excitement, the hope, the love, the passion ... you name it.

I hope you'll be a part of all the excitement ...
  • Follow along through social media. I've synced my Twitter and Facebook accounts for the weekend, so I'll primarily be posting through Twitter. My hope is to check in every few pit stops and post a few pictures when I can. If you're not on Twitter, sign up ... it's easy, it's free. You can follow me at @3DaySistah, and you can watch other walkers (and virtual walker stalkers!) by searching for #the3day.
  • Come out to a cheering station. You can check out the list of cheering stations (under "Event Information" in the tabs at the top) and find one that works for you. If you want to hook up with Keith and the crew, text him. If you want to improve your odds of catching me at a cheering station, text me. I'll be checking my phone at pit stops. I have absolutely no idea when we'll be at any given station, I can't guarantee we'll connect, and I doubt I'll be able to stop and chat. But know that your support and cheery face means the world to every walker who crosses your path. Pretend they're all me and Stef, and they'll love you for it forever. 
  • Watch the news. I'm sure there will be stories ... watch them, enjoy them. Look for us in the sea of pink!
  • Think of us. Your positive energy, your prayers, your support and your encouragement have been incredible so far... keep it going this weekend. Engage in a random act of kindness this weekend, in our honor. Someone, somewhere could really use it... 
Thanks for being along for the ride ... I'm excited about what the next three days will bring, and I  wish each of you could be there with us the whole 60 miles. In some ways you can be, even if it's just "virtually." 

No comments:

Post a Comment