Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two weeks? Seriously?

I'm seriously trying not to freak out. Two weeks from tonight, Stef and I will be preparing to walk in the 3-Day for the Cure. Because we have to be at check-in in Novi at 5 a.m., we booked a hotel the night before. So two weeks from tonight, we'll be trying desperately to sleep, yet knowing that the excitement and anticipation may make that difficult.

With only two weeks left (omg, two weeks), I'm starting to get a little freaked out. There are so many things to freak out about:

Gear. I have to find the time this weekend to go over the packing list and get it all together. I've got a list with things around the house. I have a list of stuff to get at the store. I have a list of stuff to borrow from people. Ugh, so many lists, so little time.

Training. With just two weeks left, it's crunch time. We have another 18-mile walk on Saturday, followed by a 10-mile walk on Sunday. Must. Get. It. In.

Fundraising. This is it ... two weeks folks. If you planned to make a donation, NOW IS THE TIME. (Like the all caps and bold for emphasis? I would have made it pink too, if I thought that would get your attention.) I need your support. I want to meet my personal fundraising goal, which is to raise $2,300 in personal donations. I'm at $2,015 as of tonight. That leaves $285. Can you help close that gap?

And there you have it. This weekend is the walk in Cleveland... two of the ladies we did a training walk with a few weeks ago are crewing this weekend, which is an enormous task. I believe they're on gear duty, which means they're the ones hauling all of the luggage to and from the trucks to/from camp. At 35+ pounds each, and hot/humid weather, they're going to be working their butts off. On behalf of all walkers, thank you Heather & Beth. Walks aren't possible without the volunteer crew!

2 comments:

  1. As far as the gear goes... the Komen list is pretty accurate something I would DEFINTIELY add to the list is a string bag/small backpack... why? because when you're walking around camp after walking all day you'll want your valuables (camera, wallet, etc) with you, but you won't want to carry the bag you use all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion Shannon, thank you! We had talked about carrying a small-ish Clinique-style makeup bag with us at night, to hold our phone, camera, wallet, etc. But I was afraid I'd leave it behind or lose track of it. The string bag/backpack is a great solution to that, and I certainly have a ton of those floating around the house!

    ReplyDelete