Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

So lonely ....

Tonight was my first solo walk ... well, first solo "real" walk. I've done the random 3-mile walk on the treadmill at the gym by myself (how cool is it that a 3-mile walk isn't that big a deal!) but tonight, I had a five-mile walk on the training schedule. But my training buddy (Stef) is sick :(

I haven't gotten a lot of walking in over the past two weeks (thank you Mother Nature, for being a complete pain in the you-know-what), so I didn't want to blow off the walk tonight. So I suited up and took off. Alone.

And it sucked. I mean, I got the walk in. I went at a good pace. But it was boring. Nothing to talk about. No one to talk to. Blah. Lots of time alone with my thoughts (scary) though, which made me realize:

I'm walking in the 3-Day because I get to walk with my sister. Susan G Komen was someone's sister. So are many of the 40,000+ women who die of breast cancer each year. This walk experience wouldn't be what it is for me, without my sister.


So, I'm hoping she feels better really soon (like, oh, by Saturday, since we have an 11-mile training walk on the schedule!) ... because it's just not the same without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment