Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring has sprung! Or so I keep telling myself...

It's foolhardy. Presumptuous. Premature.

I know... But it's 60 degrees outside right now! I know. It's Michigan. It'll change in 20 minutes.

But while it was here, I got in a great training walk, outside. Four miles Thursday night and five miles planned for Friday morning. Hallelujah.

It'll also be the first back-to-back walk for me (I know, 9 miles is nothing compared to what I'm going to deal with in August). But we're heading up to Frankenmuth for a long weekend with the kids, family and friends, and I wanted to get in my required (er, recommended) training in before we left. I plan to get in a quick workout in the hotel gym, but I'm not holding out much hope for great equipment there. Regardless, I'm glad I'm able to modify my training schedule to meet the demands of my personal life...

And on that note, enjoy your weekend ... I plan to.  We're looking forward to a fun-filled, long weekend with friends and family. The kids are excited to play in the waterpark and the game room, and the adults are looking forward to long days sitting around doing absolutely nothing productive. My kind of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment