Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We've come so far...

The past month has been a whirlwind of activity -- and a ton of fun!

  • Training -- my fitness level has increased tremendously! Our "official" training, the 24-week Komen program, starts March 1, so in preparation Stef and I have been going to the gym regularly. Not only do I feel a lot better, but I'm also really enjoying it -- I even dropped in for a 90-minute workout on my day off! I'm up to a sustained 4.5 mph on the elliptical (up from a measly 3.2 when we first started), and my heart rate is within normal range (instead of the "are-you-serious" range).
  • Personal fundraising -- Today, I got an unexpected donation from a colleague at work that pushed me up to the 20% mark -- that's $500 in personal donations. I am amazed. Honored. Touched. Verklempt. You name it.  
  • Team fundraising -- We solidified our schedule for fundraising this year -- if you didn't get the "Save the Date" card but want one, just holla and I'll mail it to you! We have lots of fun stuff planned, including:
    • Euchre Tournament on March 5 (let me know if you want to get in!)
    • March Madness, "Brackets for Boobies" in mid-March
    • Spaghetti Dinner @ the campground on May 15
    • Garage Sale @ Stef's April 28, 29, 30
    • And other events with dates TBD, including a Bagger Dave's night, Ladies Night @ Wiegands Nursery, and another Tastefully Simple party in the spring.
We're also working the concessions stand at two Tiger's games (April 9 and June 11), collecting bottles/cans, and selling some beautiful bracelets (more to come on that!).

It's been a lot of fun so far ... thanks for coming along for the ride!

1 comment: