Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fundraising kicks off with a bang

The past week has been a whirlwind of excitement for fundraising ... the support in so many forms has been so inspiring, it has made a difference -- both in reaching my goal of raising $2,300, but also in my motivation to keep going. I know I can do this.


  • Tastefully Simple -- the catalog party is going gangbusters! It closes on Tuesday (still time to place your order), and we're already at $475!  If I get up to $500, my hostess will make a $75 donation to the walk, and Tastefully Simple will give me $75 in merchandise that I can use for gift baskets for future fundraising events.
  • Personal donations -- this week, I received $200 in personal donations. This was an awesome start, and I'm grateful to those four individuals for being so generous, so thoughtful, and so positively positive. You rock. 
  • Fun fundraising ideas -- we're planning a spaghetti dinner and trivia night up north for mid-May, and were debating something to do "down here." We went to a euchre fundraiser last night for a friend's boy scout troop, and holy cow, we had fun! They raised a lot of money, it was a relatively easy event, and we had a blast meeting all kinds of new people.
So here's my question: Would you be interested in a late February-early March euchre fundraiser? At Stef's house? (oops, hope she knew that!)  ..... let me know if the comments. It's not a commitment at this point; it's just giving us an idea of we can pull this off!

2 comments:

  1. We would and Melissa and Wayne would too. I can help you put it together too. ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't play Euchre but would be happy to support any other fundraisers you & Stefanie have 'down here'. Good luck with your training and fundraising.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete