Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kicking off the 3-Day season: Is Beantown ready?

This weekend kicks off the first Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure event, the Boston 3-Day !

It's exciting in so many ways ...
  • It's game on!! This is it ... thousands of walkers across the country are counting down to their walks (23 days!), and for the walkers of Boston, it's on! This weekend is the opening walk, launching a five-month extravaganza that winds its way through the U.S., ending in San Diego in mid-November. 
  • There's so much new "stuff" ... as a newbie walker, it's all new to me. But this year, there's a new element that all walkers are going to be exposed to: The Komen Foundation has a new spokespersonDr. Sheri Phillips is a former walker from Chicago, a physician, and a breast cancer survivor. The spokesperson is at every event, serving as emcee and chief motivator. I'm excited to see her, and excited for her.
  • I can't wait to be a virtual Walker Stalker! In addition to Facebook and this blog, I've been really enjoying the Twitter element to the 3-Day experience (follow me @3DaySistah!). Through Twitter, I've joined a group known as the "3-Day Tweeps" ... a group of walkers from across the country who have provided endless support and encouragement along the way. This weekend, at least 10 of my Twitter connections are walking or crewing the event. And I cannot wait to see all their Tweets! You can follow along: #the3day.
So, to all the Boston Tweeps walking this weekend, good luck and have fun! (And stay hydrated!!) To those crewing, thank you!  As for the rest of us, we're counting down to our events (did I mention it's only 23 days!) and following along on your adventure this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment