Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fundraising finale is on the horizon

This weekend is our FINAL fundraiser for the "Sisters Saving the Sistahs" .... can I get a whoop whoop (or whatever the heck that is).

Don't get me wrong ... I have been surprised at how much I have enjoyed the team fundraising experience. It's one thing to get personal donations from friends and family (which I'm still taking!). It's a whole other ball of wax to accept donations from acquaintances or total strangers. I expected to not like it (I sort of dread small talk with strangers). But I loved it. I met some neat people. I heard some great stories that inspired to keep it up. It was a great experience. But I'm kinda ready to be done, because dang, it's a lot of work. Case in point:

This weekend is our big Spaghetti Dinner and Trivia Night Fundraiser, hosted at our "second home," the Genesee Otter Lake Campground. We're having dinner, followed by a mini-version of "MyTriviaLive," a fun and interactive (and not that difficult) trivia game. Winners will get tickets to drop in the Tin Can Auction; everyone else has the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Tin Can Auction.

That's the exciting part ... last night, Stef and I spent a few hours getting all the prizes together. As of right now, we have more than 30 gifts that have been donated! There are some really cool ones:
  • Gift cards — Olive Garden, Dunkin' Donuts, Carrabba's, Game Stop, iTunes
  • Family prizes — a family fun night with Family Video/National Coney Island/Dave & Busters gift cards, a marshmallow shooter pack, candy jars with themed lids (filled with candy!)
  • Pampering items -- a lovely Avon basket, a one-hour massage, Tastefully Simple goodies
  • Handmade gifts -- Pressed wine bottle cheese tray, handmade quilt, stained glass items, beaded bracelets, baked goodies basket
  • Entertainment -- Tiger's jersey (Porcello), Red Wing's jersey (Lidstrom); DTE pavilion seats to Eddie Money (May 27); Sunnybrook Lanes golf package, Sunnybrook bowling package
  • Home stuff -- Decorate wine glasses (with wine!), fun iced-tea style glasswear, his/her wine carafe and glasses (again, with wine!), a Jack Daniels/Harley Davidson package, a gardening basket
And I'm sure I've missed stuff! 

We're really looking forward to this one ... it'll be a relatively low-key event (we're at the campground, afterall), we'll have our camping friends and family there, and a few non-camping friends and family are joining us for the weekend. And finally, it's the last fundraising event for the Sisters Saving the Sistahs 2011 Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk fund. So bring it on ... we're ready for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment